Keeps food Fresh
KIF Papers & Chips
Keep It fresh Paper can be easily placed with fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers in trays and boxes or can be used for wrapping. The sachets work in a multiple ways to protect and extend shelf life of fresh produce. KIF Solution is the most effectkre way to inhblt weight loss, quality and shelf life is to use KIF Shelf Life Extension Series Systems. Papers are coated with a special composition mixture of zeolite powder and potassium permanganate in a fixed certain percentage that causes ethylene & moisture absorption and simultaneously causing volatile bacterial inhibition Nag. Ethylene causes shattering, deterioration and ripening on the other hand excess moisture is likely to speed up decay and the development of mould and fungus either during the storage/transportation period or after removal from the packaging.
Fresh Vegetables. Fruits & Rowers start to ripen after harvesting and during the ripening process release ethylene gas and water vapour. This ethylene gas when in the package increases the ripening rate of the fresh produce hence aggravating the ripening process resulting into faster rotting of the fresh produce. The ethylene gas and water vapour produced work as catalyst to the ripening process which in turn causes faster spoilage and microbial damage.
Keep It fresh Papers forms a breathable membrane the moment it comes in contact with fresh fruits and vegetables. These can be easily placed with the fresh produce and absorb the ethylene gas which gets entrapped within these papers. The absorption of the gas reduces the ripening speed and hence increasing the shelf life of fresh produce. KIF papers are available in different sizes from according to customer & volumetric requirements.
- Use during storage or domestic and international shipments like via air, sea, reefer vans, train trucks, moving coolers, kitchen refrigeration units and cold storage’s.
- Removes mould and fungal growth, decay, discoloration in results no wilting, softening, scald, loss of crunch, tenderness, weight loss etc.
- Use during postharvest handling of produce (fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers).
- Nature friendly, made up of natural minerals, chemically inert and non-toxic.
- Can be decomposed of as normal waste.
- Slowdowns the deterioration rate.
|Physical Properties Value||Physical PropertiesValue|
|Weight of base paper (gsm)||55|
|KIF Coating (gsm)||Oct-20|
|Lamination Weight (Micron)||Dec-15|
KIF ANTIMICROBIAL VARIANTS
605: Pad filled with Anti microbial powder
606: Laminated spun bond sheet with coated anti microbial in between layers
607: Both side Paper sheets with coated anti microbial in between layer
How it works
- Absorption of Ethylene – The ethylene produced by the fresh produce is absorbed by the special minerals in the sachet that selectively absorb ethylene molecules.
- Oxidation of Ethylene – The Ethylene is attracted towards the media in the sachet and gets oxidized to water and carbon dioxide.
- Absorption of moisture – The excessive moisture produced within the package is also absorbed which in turn inhibits microbial growth within the package.
- VBI – The option of having a Natural Vaporising Bio Inhibitor is available with these sachets. The active ingredient is a natural plant extract, which has the capability to inhibit microbial growth in its presence.
Simply place the paper over produce packed in conventional corrugated boxes or export packing. KIF Paper absorbs ethylene gas from the pack and create a bacteria free environment to extend the shelf life of packed fresh fruit and vegetables. This would depend upon the kind of fresh produce and the quantity of ethylene produced.
- KIF Paper as wrap or interleaving pack sizes are readily available.
- KIF Paper Sizes 8”*12” & 12”*20” are available. Suitable for retail & export packing.
- KIF Paper Chips are available is standard 3”*3” size.
- KIF customized Papers are also available as per client’s supply chain.